Friday, October 8, 2010

Finding My Family...

Once upon a time, I was a wee little pooch having a bad fur day life. I looked a little like this:
I had a sister, and we had been turned out onto the streets because nobody wanted us. Our fur was full of briers, our bellies were scratched and bruised, and we were sad and afraid. Then one day, my ma saw on Petfinders.com that I had been rescued and was looking for a loving, patient home.  She called up our foster mom right away and talked pa into driving out in the ice on a cold February day to come visit me. I lived a whole state away too (she must've just known)! Here I am meeting my pa for the first time:
I liked him!
Even though they couldn't take my sister, they told me that I would have some other furry sisters waiting for me at home! So they gave me a nice cozy bed (I'd never had anything like that before!), and a little stuffie to sleep with so I wouldn't miss my sister too much, and we set off on the 4 hour drive home.
That was 2 1/2 years ago, and now I live a happy, contented, comfortable, posh life! I'm so glad I was adopted! Please won't you consider adopting a pet from a rescue group? Many breeds (like mine) even have rescue groups specific to their breed. So many pets out there are sad, lonely, and looking for a good home...do you have room in your hearts for one?

No comments: